Is your body getting enough of the 13 essential vitamins your body needs to stay healthy?
The 13 essential vitamins your body needs are vitamins A, C, D, E, K and the B vitamins: thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyroxidine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9) and cobalamin (B12).
The four fat-soluble vitamins—A, D, E, and K—are stored in the body’s fatty tissues. The other nine vitamins are water-soluble and therefore must be replenished regularly because they are removed from the body in your urine.
Vitamin B12 is the only water-soluble vitamin that is stored in the liver. The best way to get enough of the 13 essential vitamins is to eat a balanced diet from a variety of foods. * Green leafy vegetables at least six servings a week
* Other vegetables, at least one serving a day
* Nuts, five servings a week
* Berries, at least two servings a week
* Beans, at least three servings a week
* Whole grains, at least three servings a day
* Fish, one serving a week
* Poultry, two servings a week
* Olive oil, used in all cooking
* Wine, one glass a day
What’s in your shopping bag? #balancemeals #balanceddiet #balance #healthtalk #greenveggies #foodstagram #foodandhealth #eatingwell #livelife #blogger #wellnesstrainer #onlinepost - 1 hour ago