TWO MONTHS OF TRAINING with @greenw1tch !
Here's some background: - Survived a stroke 5 years ago
- 5 years of Neurologists telling him he will never walk.
- 5 years of getting around in a power wheelchair
- 2 years of physical therapists telling him he will never walk independently, and that he should focus on "maintaining what he has left"
- 3 years of being on a 3x week "maintenance program" with a Doctor of Physical Therapy
- 3 years of seeing an adaptive exercise specialist, 2x week, teaching ways of how he can adapt to his "new normal"
- 2 months ago, our trainer Lauren, @greenw1tch , stepped in and said, "fuck all that, you're gonna walk". (Maybe chose different words).
- now his MD's, PT's, and other trainers are shocked and saying, "oh wow, look how far you've come, weve been doing the same things for 3 years, what could have caused this change?" It's @RenewMeFitness people!!! This is what we do! We think outside of the box. We don't follow basic protocols. We work with individuals, to achieve THEIR OWN GOALS. We break down walls that others impose on our clients. We encourage, empower, empathize, cry with, give a piece of ourselves to our clients.
This is the result. This is what we do. This is why we do it. We will never quit.
#FuckYeaFriday #stroke #strokesurvivor #strokerecovery #medicalfitness #WheelchairsToWalking #justdoit #RenewYourself #RenewYourHealth #RenewMeFitness - 2 days ago