💥Idioms make your speech IMPRESSIVE!💥
1. I am ON TOP OF THE WORLD today because I’ve just passed my exams. – very happy
2. She was THRILLED TO BITS when I told her she had been picked for the team. – very happy and excited
3. Jo was COOL, CALM AND COLLECTED just before the job interview. – relaxed, prepared, not nervous
4. I JUMPED FOR JOY when they told me I didn’t have to do the English test. – felt happy (a reaction to good news)
5. When I saw him, he just TOOK MY BREATH AWAY, I could hardly speak. – impressed.
1. I’ve been feeling a bit DOWN IN THE DUMPS lately. – depressed, in low spirits
2. She’s felt ON EDGE all day. – nervous, anxious
3. I’m SICK AND TIRED of studying for a test. I just want to pass it as soon as possible. – have had enough (always negative)
4. I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS about this news
Have some practice. Fill in the gaps or complete the sentences:
1. She jumped ____ joy when they told her she had won the trip to Paris.
2. Jane has been ___ ___ the dumps since her boyfriend went away.
3. He was thrilled ____ bits when I told him Sara was coming to stay.
4. I’ve been ____ edge lately, but I don’t really know why.
Write your answers in comments below ⤵️⤵️⤵️ - 1 day ago