In the early 1960s, the 250 berlinetta, better known as 250 SWB (Short Wheel Base), was undoubtedly the maximum expression of Ferrari's racing GT. Based on the chassis of the 250 GT, it takes its name from the shortening of the wheelbase from 2600 to 2400 millimeters. With its elegant and sporty design at the same time, the 250 SWB was an excellent car for both gentlemen and professional drivers. First Ferrari equipped with disc brakes, it made its powerful V-12 engine - a real workhorse for the Maranello manufacturer - its strong point. Between 1959 and 1962 the 250 SWB was available in two types of bodywork: one entirely built in aluminum by Scaglietti, specially designed for racing, and the other in steel, called "Lusso" and recognizable also for more refined finishes. In the two-year period 1961-1962 the 250 SWB won many important national and international competitions, including the 1961 Tourist Trophy won by the legendary Stirling Moss.
📝 Text by @alberto_isi for @nostalgear_
#nostalgear #nostalgicdriver #ferrari #classicferrari #ferrari_world #classiccar #vintagecar #retrocar - 3 minutes ago