🇮🇹 Sundried Tortellini Pesto 🍅
• 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
• 1/4 cup basil
• 2-3 cloves garlic
• Handful of pine nuts, toasted
• Salt, to taste
• Olive oil
1. In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts on low heat until they get some color. Watch them carefully so they don't burn. Let cool a bit before adding them to the food processor.
2. In a food processor, add in your sundried tomatoes, garlic cloves, pine nuts, and salt.
3. Put the lid of the food processor on and pulse the food processor while drizzling the oil until the mixture comes together.
4. Taste it and see if it needs anything more. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
• 4 tbsp sundried tomato pesto
• 1/2 cup of heavy cream
• 4 tsp. cream cheese
• Sundried tomato (chopped)
• Mushrooms (sliced)
• 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
• Salt, to taste
• 400g tortellini pasta
• Fresh parsley, to top
• Mozzarella Cheese
• Parmesan cheese to top
1. In a pot, boil water and season with salt. Add in the dried pasta and cook until done.
2. In the meantime, to make your sauce, in a large skillet over medium high heat, Add in chopped sundried tomatoes and mushrooms and let slightly cook.
3. Then, add the pesto and heavy cream.
4. Stir together until well combined then add in the cream cheese. Stir until well combined and the cheese has melted. Add in the red pepper flakes, salt (to taste) and let sauce simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. If sauce gets too thick, use some of the pasta water to thin it out.
5. When pasta is done, add to the sauce and stir to combine, coating every strand. Add the cheeses and stir till done. Top with parmesan cheese
6. Serve with fresh parsley on top.
#londonfood #pasta #italian #creamcheese #homemadefood #foodphotography #myfoodporn #foodstagrammer #foodforfoodies #guardian #eaterlondon #foodography #foodblogph #foodielife #newfoodbloggerlondon #londoneatup #wheninlondon #timeoutchefs #topfoodnews #foodphotography #myfoodporn #foodstagrammer #foodforfoodies #foodporn #foodography #foodblog - 36 minutes ago