One word: gnocchi.
Is there anything better than these soft, buttery, potato puffs? Best part, they can be on your table, start to finish in 30 minutes. And chances are you already have everything you need to make them!
4 medium potatoes (not peeled)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Boil the potatoes with the skin on.
2. When a fork is easily inserted into the potatoes, remove from water, let slightly cool, and the skin comes right off.
3. Put the potatoes through a potato ricer.
4. Create a well in the middle of the riced potatoes.
5. Crack egg into the center and add salt and pepper.
6. Scramble with a fork then combine mixture into a ball, slowly kneading the flour in until it’s formed a soft and not sticky ball.
7. Cut ball into sections and roll each section into a rope.
8. Cut the rope into 1 in pieces
9. Roll over gnocchi board or fork to create ridges to hold sauce.
10. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, generously salt the water.
11. In batches, add the gnocchi and boil until they float (about a minute). Cook for another 30 second and remove.
12. Toss in your favorite sauce! I love the acidity of a red tomato sauce, others prefer a savory brown butter sage sauce or pesto!
Don’t forget the Parmesan 😋 - 25 minutes ago