Channa and Roti with Veggies
Channa is a rich source of protein and complex carbohydrates. To enhance nutrition and vitamins, its plated with some sauteed veggies. A typical lunch has to pack sufficient protein and enough carbs to withstand the day and produce enough pumping energy for your workout. So Channa and vegetables are served with multi-grain Rotis which are rich in dietary fibres.
Ingredients: (2 Serving) - 1 cup (100g) soaked chickpea (Soaked Overnight)
- 1 onion (50g) finely chopped
- 1 cup (200g) tomato puree
- Dry spices (Cummin, cloves, cinnamon, fennel, black cardamom)
- Dry masala (1tsp each - red chilli powder, coriander powder, amchur powder, chole masala)
- 1 cup (100g) multi-grain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
Chole and Veggies with Roti can be a low-calorie filling lunch packed with carbs, protein and dietary fibres. It takes only about 20-30 minutes to prepare.
Roti - Mix the 100 g multi-grain flour with 75ml of water and knead the dough for about 3-5 minutes.
- Rest the dough for 15 minutes under a wet cloth.
- Roll the dough into six flat thin circles and cook them on the pan.
Chole - Boil the chickpeas with the dry spices in 300 ml of water for about 10 minutes. - Heat a pan and add 1 tbsp of olive oil and saute onions until they turn golden brown (2 min). - Add the tomato puree and continue sauteing for 5 minutes.
- Add all the masala powder to it add enough salt for the whole gravy and saute until the masala is cooked (5 minutes). - Now add the boiled Channa along with the water to the pan. - Let the gravy cook for another 5 minutes. - Once the channa has come to a right consistency turn the heat off and season it with some freshly chopped coriander leaves on top.
Veggies - Add the veggies and add a pinch of salt and continue sauteing for another 2 minutes.
- Add some seasoning (today I chose a pinch of black pepper and salt) and saute or another 1 minute.
I hope you try this out at home and post your feedback on this.
#cookingrecipe - 2 minutes ago