Wondering why rose water has found a place in every Moroccan household? It's simple. Rose water benefits are a aplenty as it is undoubtedly beauty's magic potion, and also remarkably versatile. Whether you have oily, dry or combination skin, rose water can be added to your beauty regime. That's what makes it a beauty secret or rather a secret weapon of women all over the world, not just India. While purchasing rose water, you must make sure you buy only 100% pure rose water i.e. the distilled water of roses sans the chemicals, the by-product of rose oil production. The usage of rosewater dates back to early Egypt, when Cleopatra (yes, Cleopatra) used the natural product in her skincare regime. And how can we not follow the footsteps of the world's most legendary beauty queen? We know rose water is great for skin and hair but why it's good and how exactly must you use it, is key! Here are 6 amazing skincare and hair care uses of rose water you'll thank us for. Rose water is prepared by steeping rose petals in water. Sometimes, a by-product of the process of extracting rose oil is also used in the place of rose water. There are a number of rose water benefits which make it a popular ingredient in cuisines and religious rituals. Rose water for skin and rose water for face are two of rose water's most well-known uses. 6 Rosewater Benefits For Skin & Hair
1. Rosewater helps maintain the skin's pH balance, and also controls excess oil.
2. "Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores", says Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, Skincare Expert.
3. Rose water helps hydrate, revitalise and moisturise the skin giving it with that refreshed look.
4. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds. 5. The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
6. Due to the astringent like properties it possesses, rose water helps clean pores and tone the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces - 8 minutes ago