1) When I can't help myself and start to stare with camouflaged sideways glances sometimes I notice you're already looking at me. Impromptu games of peekaboo we'll play together, eventually you ask, "are you looking at me?" That thrill of your eyelashes fluttering, the answer is always yes.
2) The lazy afternoons we rest. Cuddled together like arctic mountaineers in a tent, our breaths harmonize like a choir, your head rests below mine listening to our syncing heartbeats, slowly I play with your hair.
3) Your laugh. Just your laugh all by itself, like the world's most precious mineral, the jangle of a gold rush, the refrain of a Klondike valley, the sound of music I'm so greedy for.
4) The games you invent for us. Red Rover, arm wrestling, tagging. Hide and Seek, I know all your favourite hiding spots but I'm always relieved to see you. You have such a playful mind but don't scare me like that!
5) The animations of your face. Your eyebrows when you tell a story, the pout of deep thought, the whispers when you're tired, your unraveling squints and speedy words of excitement, your friendly smile. The very words you choose.
6) The care and thought you put into everything you do. Each scene is touched by your flair, every day a new opus from the master of living.
7) The way you can conjure good spirits like a chocolate factory. As if someone left you the secret recipe for happiness, your perfected taste, every blissful moment has your flavour.
You are all seven wonders of the world.
#vancouverealism #shortstories #creepypasta #scarystories #ghosts #haunted #horrorwriters #7wonders - 32 minutes ago