Shrimp Fried Rice 🦐🍴by@elisebauer
8 ounces small raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons peanut oil, canola oil, or rice bran oil
3 eggs, beaten
2 stalks green onion, minced
4 cups leftover rice, grains separated well
3/4 cup frozen peas and carrots, defrosted
1 tablespoon soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce if you are making a gluten-free version), plus more to taste
1 teaspoon dark toasted sesame oil
1. Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, cornstarch: In a medium bowl, sprinkle the shrimp with salt, pepper, and cornstarch, and toss to coat. Set aside to sit for ten minutes at room temperature.
2. Heat a large sauté pan or wok on high heat.
When the pan is very hot, swirl in one tablespoon of the cooking oil to coat the pan.
3. Sear shrimp on both sides: Add the shrimp to the hot pan, spreading them out quickly in a single layer. Let them fry in the pan without moving them, for 30 seconds.
Flip the shrimp over and let them fry on the other side for another 30 seconds or until they are mostly cooked through.
Use a slotted spoon to scoop the shrimp out of the pan to a bowl.
4. Cook beaten eggs. Return the pan to the burner and lower the heat to medium. Add a little more oil if the pan needs it. Add the beaten eggs and stir them quickly to scramble them while they cook.
5. Sauté green onions, add rice: Clean out the pan or wok with paper towels and return it to the burner. Heat the pan on high and when it is hot, swirl in the remaining tablespoon or two of oil. When the oil is shimmering hot, add the green onions and sauté for 15 seconds.
Then add the leftover cooked rice to the pan and stir with the green onions to mix well.
Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add soy sauce, carrots, peas, shrimp, eggs, sesame oil: Sprinkle soy sauce on the rice and stir to combine.
Add the carrots, peas, shrimp, eggs, and sesame oil, stirring to combine well.
From @simplyrecipes 👏
#healthyish #healthyme #healthyyou #healthyeating #healthyfood #cleaneating #healthychoices - 36 minutes ago