Poached eggs with asparagus and confetti cauliflower rice with home made hollandaise sauce
5 eggs (2 for cooking and 3 for the sauce)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup grass fed butter
10 stalks of asparagus
1/2 cup riced cauliflower
1/2 bell pepper chopped
1/4 cup peas
1/4 cup corn
1 tbsp coconut oil
Salt to taste
For the sauce:
1. In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, vigorously stir egg yolks and lemon juice with wire whisk. Add 1/4 cup of the butter. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until butter is melted.
2. Add remaining 1/4 cup butter. Continue stirring vigorously until butter is melted and sauce is thickened. (Be sure butter melts slowly so eggs have time to cook and thicken sauce without curdling.) If the sauce curdles (mixture begins to separate), add about 1 tablespoon boiling water and beat vigorously with wire whisk or hand beater until it's smooth.
3. Serve immediately. Store covered in refrigerator. To serve refrigerated sauce, reheat over very low heat and stir in a small amount of water.
For the eggs and veggies:
Boil a small pot of water with a cap full of white vinegar and a pinch of salt. Once boiled, stir water to make a whirlpool and drop in both eggs gently. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. In a sauté pan, add coconut oil asparagus and salt to taste. Once bright green set aside.
3. In the same pan add remaining veggies and cook until desired softness.
#glutenfree #preworkoutmeal #preworkout #macros #gains #muscles #protein #clean #health #nutrition #wellness #inshape #workout #cleaneating #typeonediabetic #typeonediabetes #inspiration #fitness #eatwell #digestion #fitlife #healthbygiannalucca - 26 minutes ago