How to shake a cocktail
1. Measure your ingredients into your preferred cocktail shaker. Check out @cocktailkit for a wide range.
2. Add a generous amount of ice.
3. Add the top part of the shaker.
(the cold temperature will cause the stainless steel to form a tight seal). ⠀
4. Shake thoroughly for 12 seconds
(research shows that this is the optimal time to reach thermal equilibrium which means that continuing to shake longer than this time frame will make very little difference to the temperature and dilution of your drink)
5. Strain into a cocktail glass and add garnish
(use a hawthorn strainer if you shake with a Boston or Parisian shaker) - 4 minutes ago