——TERIYAKI CAULIFLOWER POWER BOWLS——
This was such a fun bowl to make! Filled with roasted cauliflower glazed in sweet teriyaki sauce, brown rice, crunchy edamame and red cabbage, it’s so delicious!😍 This bowl checks every nutrient box - healthy fats, plant-based protein, whole-grains, lots of fiber -to create a healthy make-ahead lunch or easy weeknight dinner! Not to mention, it’s completely vegan. I highly recommend this one y’all, even to those who think that every meal needs meat to taste good. You might be pleasantly surprised!😀😌🤤 .
INGREDIENTS - * 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into florets.
* 2 Tbsp virgin olive oil.
* ½ tsp salt.
* 2 cups cooked farro or brown rice (I used brown rice).
* 1 cup shelled edamame (I steamed a bag in the microwave, then shelled them).
* 2 cups shredded red cabbage.
* ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onion.
* Optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, sliced avocado, lime juice, etc.
Teriyaki sauce ingredients - * ½ cup water.
* 1 Tbsp cornstarch.
* ¼ cup soy sauce.
* 2 Tbsp brown sugar.
* 1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic.
* 2 Tbsp Hoisin sauce.
* 2 Tbsp rice vinegar. ***NOTE: You can also make the teriyaki sauce glaze by just mixing 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce with 1/2 cup of water and 1 Tbsp of cornstarch, warming it on the stovetop for a few minutes.***
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Toss cauliflower florets with oil and salt and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, tossing once after 20 minutes.
3. For the glaze, place ½ cup water and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
4. Heat soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, Hoisin, and rice vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sugar dissolves; about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the cornstarch mixture and bring sauce to a boil, whisking often. Reduce to low and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove cauliflower from oven and brush with half of teriyaki sauce. Place back in the oven and bake until cauliflower is caramelized.
6. To prepare the bowls, divide teriyaki cauliflower, brown rice, edamame, and red cabbage in bowls. Top with remaining teriyaki sauce and green onions!🤤😍 - 43 minutes ago