Pasta with Shortcut Spicy Turkey Ragu
More of the fresh pasta from @brittybob and @nic43 ! We had ground turkey and a jar of pasta sauce...Brandon wanted it spicy, so I added chili flakes. My secret ingredient (to just about everything) is a little miso. Just be sure to not add very much salt until after adding the miso. It gives the sauce a rich, umami flavor that we really enjoy! .
* 1 tbsp oil
* 1/2 onion, diced
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
* 3/4 jar of marinara sauce
* 1/4 white wine, optional
* 1/2 tsp chili flakes, optional
* 2 tbsp miso
* 1 lb pasta
* Parmesan for serving, optional
1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil for your pasta
2. Heat oil in high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add onions and pinch of salt. Cook until translucent, about 3 mins. Add garlic and cook for another min until fragrant
3. Add turkey and cook until no longer pink, stirring often with wooden spoon to break up into smaller pieces
4. Add marinara sauce, wine, & chili flakes. Cook for 3 mins, then turn heat to low. Add miso and stir until dissolved. Taste, and add more salt, miso, or chili flakes as needed.
5. When water is boiling, add your pasta and cook to instructed time. Reserve 2 cups of your pasta water. Add pasta directly to sauce and mix together. Add pasta water a splash at a time to loosen your sauce.
6. Serve immediately topped with grated Parmesan
#LifeAtOurTable - 8 hours ago