We’re working on a number of activities to do at home that will bring nature into your home. Our first one that our intern @j.ewart97 has created is doing a nature texture rubbing. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Take a nature walk around your neighborhood; be sure to keep a safe distance from other people who are outside. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. On your walk gather leaves, rocks, pedals, flowers, and any different natural item that you see on the ground; gather as many different possible types.
3. Once you are home you need two pieces of white printer paper or other thin, blank, light piece of paper. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Arrange the items however you'd like texture-side-up (vein-side-up for leaves) on the first sheet of paper. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Cover with the other sheet and, using the side of a crayon rub it gently over the items. Make sure you are rubbing on a hard surface like a table. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Congratulations! Please tag us in your posts when you share your creations online! - 11 hours ago