Anyone getting bored of running the same old routes?
With #lockdown in force for many of us, our options are limited and with race and training session cancellations, motivation can be hard to come by.
Of course, this is such a minor issue in the grand scheme of things. Nonetheless, all we can do is make the best of our own personal circumstances.
I usually love running in new areas, up in the mountains but that isn’t an option right now.
So here are some tips that I’m personally using during these strange times to stay excited.
1. @strava segment explorer - find local segments and try to achieve a PB or even get the crown! You can also make your own segments on the desktop version and challenge others!
2. Random runs. Just go out with no plan of route, mileage, pace, etc. Head down some unexplored streets and trails. Just be sure to use #socialdistancing when you’re out and about.
3. Reverse route. Got a favourite route you like to run? Ever ran it in reverse. This can be a nice easy way to mix things up a bit.
4. Virtual races. There are more and more virtual races popping up where you simply run a distance anywhere in the world and submit your times onto the website and they reveal the winners.
5. Follow a training plan. There are loads of free training plans online just now that you can follow to help you get a 5k PB once @parkrun is back on or to help you run your first ultra. DM me if you’re after a specific plan and I can sort one out for you.
#kingofthemountain - 7 minutes ago