The changes, which I introduced into #richrap 's model were :
scaling it approximately 2x in height( i thought bigger is better...:/ ), using thicker steel rods, bigger aluminium extrusions, the linear motion bearings were switched to polymer ones, i didn't use a heating pad, instead for starters I went to a local glassworker to cut me a glass circle of the right diameter(it cost me few pennies). Electronics were changed too. I used the ramps 1.4. shield for #arduino_mega to house the stepmotor drivers. Display was switched for a generic one, which was more readily available to me. This also required bit different casing for the LCD and mounting brackets. I switched the endstops to mechanical ones, instead of the magnetic Hall-effect ones(cost reduction). This required me to change the mounting points too.
After all, I was very thankful for all the free 3D model dbases on the internet, most notorious being probably thingiverse.com . From there I took the casing for the LCD. I had to draw something myself - like the model of the mechanical endstop in order to plan the attaching.
#3dprinterdiy #3dprinter #arduino #arduino_mega #ramps14 #richrap #sketchup #delta3dprinter
Retrospectively posted - original from 04/2018 - 23 minutes ago