It's not a guiltless cookie, but at least you know its made from scratch! Bonus points if anyone makes these and brings them to @island_battle_ground this weekend!
* 1/2 cup peanut butter or nut butter
* 1/4 cup coconut sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1 large egg
* 1 large egg white
* 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
* 2 tablespoons coconut flour
* 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
* Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven 175c. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
* In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar, salt, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract. Mix until well blended. Sprinkle the baking soda over the top. Work in the protein powder and coconut flour until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
* The dough should be slightly sticky but not a mushy mess. If you need a firmer dough, add a bit more protein powder. For a looser dough, sprinkle the batter with a bit of milk (or almond milk), fold it in until the dough comes together.
* With a spoon, portion the cookie dough by tablespoonfuls and drop onto prepared baking sheet (12 to 14 cookies total). Gently flatten the tops of the cookies, as they will not spread during baking. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and dry to the touch but the middles seem doughy. *Place the cookie sheet on a wire rack and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring directly to the wire rack to finish cooling.
Amount per serving (1 cookie) — Calories: 112, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 7g
#smarteating #knowyourfood #baking #bakingfromscratch #proteinpowder #competitionsnack #eat #eatwellbewell #eatrealfood #balancedlife #fit #strong #nutrition #proteincookies #balance #snack #fitness #crossfitlah #fitlah #doyouevenliftlah #fitnessjourney #goodvibes #snacksonsnacks #snacking #snackattack #protein #knowledgeispower #snacktime #snackideas - 28 minutes ago