Cheers to the weekend!! ☆
Off to #Utrecht to enjoy some great vegan foods, goodies and inspiring talks at @officialveggieworld !
But also to have some #qualitytime with my bf again ♡ Starting with our favourite #weekendbreakfast .
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes! A perfect way to start the day. With a good amount of #veggies , #glutenfree and #highprotein , so I don't have to worry much about that anymore during the day. And thus can enjoy all the yumminess at the event ^^ Will you be there too? Maybe we can meet up!? 😁
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
1 cup buckwheat flour (sub for oat or spelt)
1 scoop vanilla protein @silverbackprotein
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
150g pumpkin puree*
1-2 cups plantbased milk (I used almond)
2 tsp lemon juice
Oil for baking
*Slice pumpkin into cubes and cook for 8-10min. Blend along with some cooking liquid.
1. Combine pumpkin puree, lemon juice and 1 cup plant milk in a bowl.
2. In a seperate bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix.
3. Add wet to dry and mix until you have a smooth, just poorable, batter. Depending on the flour and protein, you may need to add more plant milk.
4. Let sit for 5-10 min to activate baking powder and soda.
5. Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and add a large spoon (2-3 tbsp) per pancake. Bake for several minutes until top is dry and small bubbles appear.
6. Turn and bake for another few minutes.
7. Stack up pancakes and top with nutbutter, blueberries and cacao nibs. - 11 minutes ago