Giant Cous cous with loaded greens
Makes: 4/ Cost: £1.15 per portion/ Cook Time :15M
3 leeks (£0.95)
250g asparagus (£1.45)
4 handfuls of peas (£0.62)
150g giant cous cous (£1.10-Sains)
Bunch of parsley (£0.48)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 vegetable stock cube
1. Start by slicing the leeks lengthways before washing them. This helps to get the dirt out between the layers.
2. Chop the leeks into thin strands and the asparagus into bitesize pieces, removing the tough end of the asparagus.
3. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil/coconut oil into a large frying pan on a medium/low heat. Pour the leeks into the pan and gently fry, seasoning with salt and red pepper flakes.
4. After around 6 minutes, the leeks should have become soft and released a lot of their moisture. At this stage, add the giant cous cous (different to normal cous cous) into a small saucepan with 400ml of vegetable stock, bring to a simmer (timer set to 5M)
5. Meanwhile, add the peas and asparagus into the pan with the leeks, along with a tsp of garlic granules & a tsp of mixed herbs. Continue to stir whilst it gently fries.
6. After the cous cous timer is up, pour the couscous and stock into the greens pan. Stir to combine and season with salt if necessary.
7. Pop into your meal prep containers with some chopped parsley and you’re good to go. They’re freezable but you’ll wanna eat them straight away - 24 minutes ago