VEGAN S’MORES COOKIES 🍪🍪🍪 these babies are coming in buttery and hot on the blog this morning 🎉 stuffed full of salty dark choc, fluffy vegan marshmallows and gooey date chunks 😩😩 not only that but they literally only take 20 minute to make ~ hands up if you’re keen 🙋♀️ RECIPE:
(Makes approx. 9 large cookies) • 60g plant-based spread/butter •75g soft light brown soft sugar •30g white caster sugar •1 tsp vanilla extract • 1 tbsp soya milk •100g plain flour • 1/2 tsp baking powder • 1/2 tbsp cornstarch • 1/4 tsp flakey sea salt • 50g vegan dark chocolate • 25g mini vegan marshmallows • 4-6 medjool dates, seeds removed
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Add vegan butter, brown sugar and caster sugar to a large bowl use an electric hand-whisk to mix until creamy.
3. Add the vanilla extract and soy milk and whisk to combine – be careful not to over-mix or the mixture may split.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt and mix in until well combined.
Roughly chop the chocolate and dates into small pieces and stir into the mixture along with the mini marshmallows.
6. Divide the dough into nine portions and roll each into a ball. Place them well spaced apart on the baking trays and flatten very slightly using your fingers or the back of a metal spoon.
7. Sprinkle a little extra flakey sea salt on the top of each cookie.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes until pale golden – they might not look quite done but they will firm up as they cool!
10. Leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Enjoy straight away or store in an airtight container once cool. - 1 minute ago