#Repost @yoga_with_kassandra ・・・
NEW VIDEO 💎 If you have been feeling stiff in the hips these 7 poses will be your new go to. They will also work the glutes, thighs, quads, and hamstrings.
1. Wide-Legged Child's Pose - Bring big toes together, and take knees wide. Sink hips to heels. Walk hands forward. Rest forehead to mat (or on palms, or stacked fists). Let belly relax. Send breath in to area where you most feel sensation.
2. Low Lunge - From table top, step right foot between hands, push in to legs and lift hands up. Clasp left wrist with right hand. Inhale and find height, exhale bending to right in side body stretch. Bring hands to ground, and step right leg back.
3. Cow Face - From table top, bring left toes to right. Cross right knee behind left one. Widen feet, and lower hips down between them. Left knee stacked over right. Bring arms in front, loop left elbow under right. Stay seated, or hinge forward from hips. Hold for 5 deep breaths.
Repeat 2 and 3 on other side.
4. Wide Legged - Come to standing, turn to long edge of mat and take feet wide. Turn toes out and heels in slightly. Squeeze glutes to push knees wider. Bring hands to thighs. Drop right shoulder forward, and draw left shoulder back, coming in to twist. Repeat on other side.
5. Skondasana - Bend right knee, straightening left leg. Sink hips down low. Flex foot, lifting toes and leaving heel down. Bend in to left leg and straighten right, walk hands and hips to other end of mat. Alternate between sides for a few rounds.
6. Warrior - From wide legged stance, turn left toes to point to front of mat. Bend front knee. Bring left forearm to thigh or fingers down inside of foot. Extend right arm up and over. Lift up. Reverse Warrior, flipping palms up. Bring right hand down to back leg and left hand up. Switch sides.
7. Pigeon - From down dog, kick right leg up. Bend right knee to open up hip. Bring right knee behind right wrist. Stretch left leg behind you. Level pelvis, folding down. Take 5 deep breaths. Lift up, bend back knee and pull foot in for quad stretch. Return to down dog and repeat on other side.
#yogapose #yogatutorial #igyoga #learntoyoga #yogatips - 14 minutes ago