Hasselback Potatoes is a style of baking potatoes that was first created in a tavern in Sweden called Hasselbacken. This beloved Swedish sides have been replicated all over the world into many variations, with uncountable toppings.
Hasselback potatoes are popular because of their visual appeal as well as their taste. The thin rims of skin around each slice become crispy and chip-like while baking, and the interior layers become soft and sumptuous, seasoned with garlic butter, herbs, and spices that pool down between the folds.
4 medium size Potatoes
1 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Mixed Herbs
3 Garlic cloves
Salt as per taste (we used 1 Tsp) .
1) Clean the potatoes in water, scrub & dry it as well.
2) Slice a little portion from the bottom of each potatoes, to make it sit flatly on the surface.
3) Now with a knife cut vertical slices, a little more than half of the potatoes (2/3rd of the potatoes). Be careful not to let the knife go all the way through!
4) Pre-heat your oven at 220°C (7-8 mins). 5) Cover a tray with aluminum foil & put your potatoes on it. Grease them with olive oil & salt. Put the tray into oven for 20 mins (220°C).
6) Meanwhile in a pan, add butter, mixed herbs, crushed cloves & bring it to boil on medium heat.
7) After 20 mins, take out the potatoes from the oven & spread the mixture. Make sure the gaps between the rings are well moistened with the butter mixture. Put them back into the oven for 10 mins (220°C). Then repeat the same process twice. (20 +10+10+10=50 mins) .
Voilà ! Enjoy these beautilacious baked potatoes at their finest.
Bon appétit ! 💕
#hasselbackpotatoes #foodie #sidedishes #crispy #soft #buttery #baked #yum #yummy #tasty #delicious #musttry - 53 seconds ago