Our proposal for the New Fine Arts School of Florina can be summarized in five primary concepts:
1) The project extends the spatial logics of the existing campus, but also defines a new aesthetic identity for the fine arts school,
2) The project provides four distinct cutting-edge buildings each specifically designed for the program contained within, and then stitches them together with a network of common spaces that create a collective ground level,
3) The project is open, inviting, and porous. It is both inward and outward looking; organizing the life of the school around a central courtyard, but also reaching out towards the surrounding countryside and adjacent campuses,
4) The project is rigorously composed on a regular grid in plan and section that allows for both internal flexibility and future expansion, and
5) The project is built from a robust palette of materials that provide an industrial and neutral backdrop that foregrounds the rich palette of experimentation that will inhabit the space.
NA Team: @eleni_vagianou @nikolasvonschwabe @danaeharatsis
#neiheiserargyros #theschoolofathens #academiccommons - 4 months ago